THE ZERO-DEPTH FAMILY POOL
The Zero-Depth Family Pool offers zero-depth entry and various water features including 3 geysers, two water drop umbrellas and a sprinkler. This area offers parent/child water exploration classes and programs for children as young as 6 months. General recreation during open and family swim times are also offered in this area.
The Activity Pool is designed as a multi-purpose space for swimming lessons, water sports and water fitness classes. This space is also available during open and family swim times.
CURRENT CHANNEL - Water Walking
The Current Channel accommodates water walking/jogging, stretching, therapeutic exercises, high-resistance fitness training and various ‘lazy river’ opportunities during open and family swim times. The speed of the current is adjustable and can provide zero to high levels of resistance depending on the intensity desired. The current channel is available for individuals of every age and ability.
The Lap Pool is an independent, designated program area with a private entrance allowing for quiet, uninterrupted lap swimming. There are 3 lanes available. The Lap Pool is equipped with lane lines and markers, back-stroke flags and pace clocks.
***THE POOL IS LOCATED AT THE DOWNTOWN JANESVILLE YMCA LOCATION***
Supervision of children is determined by the child's age and ability to pass a swim test administered by the lifeguards. Supervision must be done by a parent or caregiver 16 years or older.
Has not taken or has not passed the swim test:
Current Channel and Water Walking Etiquette:
1. The channel is open for walking/swimming while aquatic center is open.
2. During designated water walking times: walking, running, jogging with or against current
3. Ages 14 and up (lifeguard discretion)
4. No horseplay, floating, swimming, or splashing during water walking times
1. Recreational swim times are open to everyone.
2. Any child under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult (18+)
3. All children under the age of 10 must pass a swim test. Please see lifeguard for details.
4. Adults are required to be in water with any child under the age of 2.
Lap Swimming Etiquette:
1. Lap swimming
2. During peak times you may be asked to share a lane
3. Ages 16 and up unless (lifeguard discretion)
4. Water walking (lifeguard discretion)
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES AND/OR THE LIFEGUARD’S
INSTRUCTIONS WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF POOL PRIVILEDGES.
Aqua Tone: A medium to high impact cross-training workout that incorporates dance choreography and water weights all set to fun music of all genres.
Aqua Zumba: Just add water and shake! There is less impact on your joints during an
Aqua Zumba® class so you can really let loose. Water creates natural resistance, which means every step is more challenging and helps tone your muscles.
The Aquatic Center is currently available by reservation only. This includes the Activity Pool, Current Channel, Zero-Depth Family Pool, Lap Pool and ALL aqua classes. To make a reservation, please click the button below.
Due to current staffing shortages, reservations can only be made up to 5 days in advance. We apologize for the inconvenience.